The goal of the openMHA project is to make the HörTech R&D product Master Hearing Aid an open source platform for real-time hearing aid software development, provided free of charge for research and development purposes under an open source license. This platform consists essentially of three elements:
- A software development environment (C/C++ SDK) with signal processing library and Matlab/Octave tools for operation and offline development.
- Real-time environments for standard PC hardware (Windows and Linux) and ARM-based mobile platforms
- A standard set of reference algorithms to siimulate a complete hearing aid (i.e., compressor, directional filter, noise reduction, and feedback cancellation)
Each funding year, a new updated version of openMHA will be released and made available to the community.
National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA
- Carl-von-Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Medizinische Physik
- HörTech gGmbH
- BatAndCat Corporation, Palo Alto, USA
July 2016 until June 2021