Room for audiovisual measurements, laboratory "Birkenweg"
The audiovisual lab is another part of our promising research infrastructure, which allows us to realize projects in the field of virtual audiovisual stimulation.
The setup consists of a large number of loudspeakers in up to 4 levels and two subwoofers for acoustics. Three high-performance beamers provide a cylindrical projection of visual scenes with a solid angle of up to 200° azimuth at a maximum height of 1.8m. By means of the TASCAR system complex, virtual, audiovisual environments can be simulated and manipulated in a controlled manner for current issues.
The room acoustic conditions for this type of virtual acoustics were optimized with the help of the "Akustikbüro Oldenburg" so that a stable and reproducible virtual sound field can be created.
Two mobile EEG units are available, which make it possible to derive the EEG in parallel with two different electrode configurations at the same time. For this purpose, electrode caps with 32 channels or the novel cEEGrids can be used as standard.
The equipment of the audiovisual laboratory includes in detail:
- 33 Genelec 8030 studio monitors
- 2 Genelec 7360 APM subwoofers
- 3 Madi AD/DA converters Ferrofish A16 MK-II
- 1 x sound card RME HDSPe MADI
- 3 NEC short distance beamers
- 3 Barco warping boxes
- 1 Videowall controller
- 1 NVidia Quadro graphics card
- 1 powerful presentation computer for the Tascar presentation
- 1 computer for experiment control and recording of subject responses
- 2 mobile EEG units